Friday 7 May 2010

D&AD Awards

Well folks, I'm afraid it's bad news - it seems we didn't sweep the boards this year.



Frankly, I'm stunned - you put together some of the strongest student work I have ever seen and I feel quite deflated. It has to be remembered that you are only a short 2 year FDA and then only in 3 days per week - competing with students who had 3 or 4 years full time teaching behind them - and there are always trends in these things, when the awards are published you might find that we don't actually like any of them. I also think there was a bit of a trend towards multi media and cross platform design in many of the briefs that you are not really equiped to compete at - most of the briefs asked for levels of work and elements that are beyond what we have the time to teach you.

If that jerk with the 'augmented reality book covers' wins something - I'll be very angry indeed.

2 comments:

  1. if those augmented reality jokers win anything, we can drive to their house and 'sort them out'

    ReplyDelete