Wednesday 23 June 2010

Never do this!!!!

You always get caught!!!!

If you are any good - at some point, someone will rip you off - that's life. Personal and professional ethics are really important in this industry - so be honest and keep your nose clean, if your work references something else - that's fine - give credit where it's due, there is nothing wrong with that, there are very few truly original ideas out there.

In the past I've seen other people take credit for my work and once I interviewed someone who had a project I did myself in their portfolio - I've also been in a presentation and was told by a potential client that something I had just shown them "wasn't done by you - I know the guy who did it" ( I'd like to meet this guy and 'invite him outside'... )

The bottom line is - you always get caught - one way or another - the tutors are not stupid - we know when you've appropriated something - we have exceptional visual recall - it's our job, and the internet makes it impossible to hide, so be good boys and girls and play by the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment