Sunday 22 August 2010

FDA Hastings / Social contacts

Hello Folks - you may have noticed that I've separated my personal social contacts from my professional ones - meaning basically that I've taken stuff like my facebook page out of the college equation.

I've done this for a few reasons, some practical and some professional - I think that for the last year or so facebook has been a handy way for us all to keep in contact - but now we have the FDA blog, I'd rather keep us all in one place. Last years FDA 2 set up a facebook page for the course but it didn't really take off - but I'm sure that if you wanted one - it could be made to work better, I think it needs a figurehead and I'm not sure I want it to be me - perhaps one of the class reps would like to take up the challenge?

I'd really like you to get more engaged with the FDA blog, it's quite a lot of work for me to keep it going but I want it to be an important part of your course, next year will be quite different for all of you - not just the new site, but the way you will be working, and the blog is a really good way to keep in control and make sure you know what's going on.

In addition - I think that you really need lives of your own outside college - I've caught a few of you telling porkies about being absent through illness ( "OMG - I last night at the Crypt was banging" - whatever that means? ), as do the staff. The way my fraction works out I'm going to be with you most of the time in one form or another next year - and you will probably be pretty sick of me at college, let alone on your computers.

If anyone needs to contact me at any time - you have a direct email address that is private and only I have access to - and you know I always reply straight away - do start using the blog as a more social thing - and keep sending me stuff you want to include, it does not just have to be about design or college.

If you are one of last years students - and you want to reconnect on facebook - feel free, I'll say yes, I have kept a few contacts from previous years - I don't consider you students any more - so I'm OK with that.

The blog will continue over the summer - and be busy again from the middle of September - so bookmark it and keep your eyes open.

all the best

Richard

3 comments:

  1. Well that's just irresponsible. Now who will cut me down at every turn in the social digital arena? Can you recommend a replacement to deliver similarly crushing blows to my self confidence please? You can't leave me hanging like that, I might get cocky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know where you live, will frequent abusive postcards help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I suppose that would ease the transition. As long as you follow up with passing verbal abuse in the hallways, just to really cement my doubt.

    ReplyDelete