Saturday 16 October 2010

About this blog.

I started this blog about a year ago because I thought it would be a good way to support the studies and academic / creative development of the FDA Graphic Communication course year 1 and 2 at SCCH ( Hastings College ).

It is a way for me to keep the communication channels open, get information, help and resources to you quickly and in a format that you could all appreciate.

I have encouraged you to get involved and I have always wanted to make it more social and inclusive. I had anticipated it would be a place to exchange ideas and debate themes that are relevant to your studies.

I don't have to do this. It takes up a lot of my time, all unpaid, all outside my college hours. I sometimes wonder if I am doing too much and making life too easy for you, at some point you will have to learn to do all this for yourself. I also allow the blog to be open access, unlike many of the other departments - however I am now considering it become password only and I'll let you have a decision on that in due course.

This blog is not endorsed or supported by SCCH - it's owned and administered by myself alone, as is the associated email address - which was designed so that students could talk to me in confidence about anything that concerned them outside college hours. I don't really have the time to do this and I could pull it at any time - if I feel it's underused or not worth the effort and responsibilities that are entailed, or gets taken for granted - I shall.

I have deleted my post about the Blogger / Tumbler access and the associated posts. I have also disabled the comments button. If anyone is unhappy - well, they can always start their own blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment