Sunday 13 March 2011

IQER Inspection

In 2 weeks, the H.E. department will be part of an IQER inspection. This is a really important event and it's essential that we perform well. It will not effect most of you - only the course reps are involved, but you will already have had the chance to have your say. Francesca and Olga will be involved on the day - you can talk to them if there are any points you want to raise.

Part of the process is for the inspetors to look through your work and confirm that the standard is as it shopuld be for an HE Institution, but more importantly - that the marking and quality of feedback are what is expected at this level. They will want to see work that is at all levels, across a range of subjects and modules.

I've already talked to you about this and gave you plenty of warning, it's on the blog too.

I have already prepared all the files and paperwork - I just need to collect work from you. Please bring in the following projects on Monday so that I can have them paired up with the correct paperwork. I will retain the work for approx 10 days - but it will be kept safe.

FDA1.

I have already printed and collated the 'Cruel Sea' work from everyone. I would also like the following.

Idents and animated Poetry.  I already have some of the work - I may be asking individuals to supplysome screenshots to put into a template.

T Shirts, I have the bags and Tea Towels - I'd like you to bring in your T Shirts too so that I can pair them up wit the marking.


FDA2

Can I ask you to bring in your final boards for the Book Design project, the stamp brief with Terry, and the packaging project. I'll ask individual people specifically, but all of you should be prepared to bring in your work as soon as possible.

In all cases, I will not need everyone's work - but I need a representative sample. It's very important to take part in this process, and your help is appreciated by the department.


On Wednesday the work will be reviewed internally by David Fowler - who will also check that your marking and feedback are as they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment