Saturday 26 March 2011

Live report from 'Pick Me Up'

Film report from 'Pick Me Up' - which finishes on Sunday. ( click here )
The comments that follow are really interesting - I have toyed with the idea of putting together department shows in the past and although I agree with many comments - I think it's something we should think about.

I don't believe that any of you made the effort to go - I did flag it up several times, and Andy Smith was there working live ( he did tell you on Wednesday ). I actually don't expect you to go to everything I p0st here, the internet makes it very easy for you to find out what's happening and to be a part of your industry - but there are some key things that you must participate in if you want to be part of your industry, anything else is just lazy. Forward planning and making the best use of your student discounts means that all of you can start taking part in the industry now - leaving it until you leave college is too late, you are already out in the cold, and it's pretty arrogant to think that because you have the internet - it all comes to you.

The students who succeed are better informed, because they get off their backsides and get stuck in.

No comments:

Post a Comment