Wednesday 20 April 2011

FDA1 Photography tips.






























(found photo that I've had on my hard drive for some time - if anyone can identify it - I'd be grateful )

Next week - FDA1 will have a photography course with John Reynolds, and also optional evening classes with Charlotte.

As a bit of preparation - here are some links for you that John put together - make yourself familiar with them, you will need to know who they are and what they do.

Joel Peter Witkin - Very good link here

Murdo Macleod - Really good portraiture - very appropriate for brief

Rineke Dijstra - Link to Tate Collection reference

Jane Bown - personally my favourite woman photographer of the last centuary

Annie Leibovitz - not my favourite - but highly skilled

Richard Avedon - One of the greats

Sam Taylor Wood - again, not my favourite - but this is very appropriate to brief

Diane Arbus -Another of the greats

- and a couple from me

Angus McBean - one of my heroes

Terrence Donovan

Terry O'neill

David Bailey

Martin Parr

No comments:

Post a Comment