Thursday 7 April 2011

Showcase: Edwin Tofslie

I really like this guy's site - the work is not always to my taste but very commercial and he works in lots of disciplines - it also has plenty of humour ( 'click for magic') and I like the interviews and the way he talks about himself - I've flagged this one up before - it's an important component part of your course and PP to WRITE ABOUT YOURSELF and so far, I've seen very few of you take this opportunity to promote yourself in words as well as pictures. You will also notice that there is a HUGE attention to detail, you can't hide from this one - people only ever notice what you get wrong. His work is also very polished and slick, but still has a creative foundation - I can't abide well presented and flashly designed work that has no real guts behind it - it's just wallpaper.

I like this piece he did for HBO - it ties in a bit with the Xmas card brief I posted this week - you have to look carefully to appreciate it fully.

No comments:

Post a Comment