Thursday 23 June 2011

End of term.

The examination board met today with the External Examiners for all departments and the representatives of the University of Brighton.

You will be informed in writing by the board of your marks and their decisions. For FDA1 it will be a straightforward decision on your progression to year 2, for FDA2 you will be given a grade based on the total marks through the year, by module. As explained - I'm not allowed to talk to you about this grade until after you have been informed formally, but I'm happy to talk to anyone about work or their FMP.

The Private view on Friday will include work in the atrium by Top Up and the whole of floor 4 and much of floor 3 - there will be a lot of people and at least 2 bars. I think that Martin is a bit anxious that things don't get out of hand - in the past we have had the quad to gather in and it was much more relaxed, so please keep an eye open anyone getting a bit carried away. I'd also suggest you don't get too drunk - it always ends in tears and you are better off having a good memory of the night.

I'm not sure what arrangements you have made regarding the bar in SP4110, or curation of the room while the show is open - I'd be grateful if you could keep me informed.

I'm not going to be in every day ( I'm back at work now ) but I can be around if anyone needs me - and I'm in the process of planning next year and writing a new timetable. Ali will be available for much of the summer if needed.

I also suggest you take your sketchbooks away from the studio - things get 'lost' - and pick up any professional practice portfolio's that were left in the room - they are liable to go missing if you don't.

The blog will continue all through the summer ( although I may have a few days off ) - work comes in all the time, I have a quick job lined up for the college already if anyone is interested. I'll post details tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment